How to install stencils
How do I install stencils with OmniGraffle for Mac?
- Find the stencil you wish to download.
- Click on the 'Download' button to download the stencil to your desktop.
- If the stencil is zipped, double-click to unzip it. (Optional)
- Double-click the stencil to open it in OmniGraffle for Mac.
- Click on the 'Move' button to save stencils in your local Stencil Library.
How do I remove stencils from OmniGraffle for Mac?
To uninstall stencils, just follow these directions:
- Open OmniGraffle.
- Show the Stencils palette.
- Right-click on the stencil you wish to delete.
- Select the 'Uninstall' from the popup menu.
- Repeat this process to delete more stencils.
When I double-click stencils, they don’t open in OmniGraffle for Mac. How can I fix this?
If your downloaded stencil has a blank icon or an icon that says 'exec', this is a sign that stencil is missing its normal .gstencil file extension. To fix this issue, just rename the stencil by adding .gstencil to the end of the file name. Once you do, you'll be asked if you wish to really add this file extension. Click on 'Add' to confirm the change, and then double-click the file to open it in OmniGraffle.
Have more questions? Read our FAQ.